The Alliance budget year is from June 1 to May 31. The Alliance considers funding
requests on an annual basis at the Alliance meeting held in April. Written requests
are to be submitted to Bennett Judson, the Alliance's executive director, by March
1 to be considered.
Alliance Role and Project Criteria:
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress involves itself in programs that can significantly and positively affect the roofing industry at the national level. The Alliance's role is to provide funding for these projects and enough oversight to ensure they are being carried out in a manner that is consistent with the Alliance's goals.
Programs, projects, studies the Alliance will consider should:
- Be generic in the sense they will not evaluate any proprietary products, services or materials
- Not publicly advocate an industry position. This is seen as a role best left to NRCA and other industry organizations.
- Be broad-based, having value for all segments of the industry whenever possible
- A project must be seen to have a significant effect on the U.S. roofing industry.
- A project must have value for all segments of the industry if practical.
- A project must contribute to the improvement of the industry.
- A project should be one that is best conducted by the Alliance, meaning it is beyond the scope or otherwise inappropriate for NRCA or another industry organization.
- The Alliance Finance and Financial Development Committee and Board of Trustees review proposals initially and decide on funding amounts to be included in the proposed operating budget for the coming fiscal year.
- The Alliance Board of Trustees reviews proposals, takes into consideration the finance committee recommendations and decides whether to recommend requests to the full Alliance.
- Recommended requests are presented to the full Alliance for approval.
- Executive summary and overview of project or research
- Outline of project or research; detailed description and scope of work
- Timeline for project and completion date
- Plan for promoting end product
- Cost and budget estimates
- Potential revenue-sharing opportunities for the Alliance
- Value to the Alliance and why Alliance funding is being requested
- Other groups and organizations that may also be providing funding
- The Alliance is to receive a final, written report before there is any public reporting or distribution.
- Project and study results must be published and made available to all interested persons.
- The Alliance is to receive credit for funding and be included in all acknowledgements, articles, presentations, etc.
Funding request must be received in the Alliance office by March 1. Requests should be submitted via email and hard copies to:
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress
10255 W. Higgins, Suite 600
Rosemont, IL 60018-5607