Gold Circle Awards ProgramThe Gold Circle Awards program recognizes Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding contributions to the roofing industry. Unique roofing-related jobs, programs and services completed between June 1, 2016, and May 21, 2018, are eligible for the program. To be considered for a Gold Circle Award, Alliance and NRCA members are nominated by their peers and community for significant contributions to the roofing industry in the following categories:
Submit examples of a particularly challenging job, difficult design job, abnormal working conditions, difficult materials used, etc., to showcase your work.
Did you have a particularly difficult job, find a smart solution to a problem or install environmentally friendly projects? Clearly explain what makes your project so innovative.
Safety Preparedness and Performance
Safety is paramount in roofing, and if you had a job that exemplified excellent safety preparedness, submit an entry that includes a description of the following:
- Specific safety considerations that were considered and included in the proposal as the job was being bid.
- The written safety plan created after selection.
- How safety was integrated into unique job elements that gave rise to creative solutions and procedures, for example, where multiple trades or unique worker or public protection issues existed.
- Examples of how and why the plan needed to be revised as the project continued.
- Your plan for fall prevention.
- What safety policies and/or procedures were revised/created as a result of a post-job safety review.
Benefits of Winning
Gold Circle Award recipients will receive the following:
- Formal recognition during a special awards ceremony held during NRCA's 132nd Annual Convention and the 2019 International Roofing Expo® in Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 11-13, 2019.
- A Gold Circle Awards trophy
- Recognition in Professional Roofing magazine
- Press releases notifying industry trade press and local media
- The honor of serving as inspiration to fellow NRCA members striving for excellence
- Members submitting entries must create a Dropbox link containing all materials and high-resolution photographs and email the link to Jessica Priske at email@example.com by the close of business Oct. 12, 2018.
- No resubmissions of the same project.
- Good photos are critical—they tell the story. Types of photos that are helpful include close-up photos of details; photos showing examples of safety; and photos of work in progress (before, during and after).
- Nominations are to be made by an unrelated third party who can vouch for project satisfactionsuch as the building owner, designer, general contractor, etc. (someone other than the manufacturer). A letter of recommendation from the unrelated third party is strongly encouraged.
Please contact Bennett Judson, executive director of The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress, at (847) 299-9070, ext. 7513, or firstname.lastname@example.org.