Gold Circle Awards ProgramThe Gold Circle Awards program recognizes Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding contributions to the roofing industry. Unique roofing-related jobs, programs and services completed between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2017, will be eligible for the 2018 competition. The video below features the 2017 Gold Circle Award finalists' projects.
- Outstanding WorkmanshipLow-slope (3:12 or less)
- Outstanding WorkmanshipSteep-slope (greater than 3:12)
Outstanding workmanship in a roofing application by a contractor and crew can comprise a particularly challenging job, difficult design, abnormal working conditions, use of difficult materials, etc.
- Innovative SolutionsNew Construction
- Innovative SolutionsReroofing
Innovative solutions can comprise difficult jobs, smart solutions to problems, environmentally friendly projects, etc.
- Safety Preparedness and Performance
The safety award is presented for projects where site-specific safety considerations were considered and included in the proposal as the job was being bid, a formal plan was created after selection that was updated as the project continued and all parts were reviewed upon project completion. Explaining how safety was integrated into unique job elements and impacted by creative solutions and procedures that may have, for example, included multiple trades or unique worker or public protection issues, is encouraged. Documentation of these phases and evidence of lessons learned from close-call investigations that help create safer jobs in the future are key.
Gold Circle Award recipients will receive the following:
- Formal recognition during a special awards ceremony held during NRCA's 131st Annual Convention and the 2018 International Roofing Expo® in New Orleans Feb. 6-8, 2018.
- A Gold Circle Awards trophy
- Recognition in Professional Roofing magazine
- Press releases notifying industry trade press and local media
- The honor of serving as inspiration to fellow NRCA members striving for excellence
The deadline for the 2018 Gold Circle Awards is Oct. 13, 2017.
Click here for an official brochure and nomination form (PDF).
Please contact Bennett Judson, executive director of The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress, at (847) 299-9070, ext. 7513, or firstname.lastname@example.org.